Second Edition now available!
Tiny Stories is a conversation game, where you advance the story by making things up on the fly. It’s a game you play on the bus, on a walk, with your friend or a stranger you just met.
It can take five minutes or thirty to create tales as mundane as a post office errand or as epic as the seventy-seven regrets of the queen of flowers.
[The following was written in Manila on February 2020, a city that is, as of the time of its writing, overtaken by uncertainty]
Hi, momatoes here. There is a lot of uncertainty, a lot of anxiety, a lot of fear right now because of recent global events.
I made Tiny Stories in response to that. Tiny Stories is a freeform, storymaking game. Everyone pitches in and narrates whatever they feel should happen next. Whether the hero succeeds or not, something interesting and unique happens. And so the story goes on from there.
Tiny Stories is my tiny attempt at making things a little better. A little game, for friends who want to spend a little time together, in these complex and trying times. Please play Tiny Stories and blossom your own story in the safe comfort of your friends' companionship.
- Number of players: 1-4 players
- Equipment required:
- 2nd edition: 1 coin
- 1st edition:
- Solo: pieces of paper, a six-sided die
- With friends: an online dice roller, or slips of paper
- Hours of play: up to you
- Game story and genre: also up to you
- You can play it either offline or online, depending on your need
- Be in control in this uncertain time and age. Create freeform, sandbox narratives based on your whimsy
- Everybody has agency and contributes to the story
- No character sheets, no trackers, no tokens
- No game masters
- No stress gameplay
A message from momatoes
This game is pay-what-you-want and can be downloaded for as low as $0 :) Though if you did enjoy it, please consider a tip! Or any of the following ways to support and brighten an indie creator's day.
─────Other tiny ways to support: